.....Advertisement.....
.....Advertisement.....
Painting by Gilbert Stuart in 1806 | Courtesy of Wikipedia \ One hundred years ago on this date, Maj. Gen. William Snow announced at a graduation for new artillery officers that the official name of the Stithton cantonment would be known as Camp Knox, in honor of Gen. Henry Knox, who served as the Continental Army’s chief of artillery during the Revolutionary War and later became the first Secretary of War.
FORT KNOX TURNS 100 - Army moves location of training grounds to small town of Stithton - August 16, 1918