There are several possibilities available if you’re seeking an excellent keyboard on a tight budget, but are they good?
We’ve put a few to the test and put up a list of the best cheap keyboards to help you get the best bang for your dollars.
Although they are inexpensive, some of them may rival in terms of build quality, functionality, and typing experience with much more expensive keyboards.
Below are our suggestions for the best budget keyboards on the market. See our picks for the best keyboards, the best gaming keyboards under $100, and the best wireless keyboards for more possibilities.
Best Budget Mechanical Keyboard 2023
1. Razer Huntsman Elite Keyboard
- The Razer Huntsman Elite has the revolutionary Razer Opto-Mechanical Switch, which combines optical technology with a key stabilizer bar to ensure precise and accurate keypresses.
- A cheap mechanical keyboard is built with high-quality Aluminum. The top frame of the affordable mechanical keyboard is covered with a matte, metal finish.
- Razer Chroma provides ultimate personalization and gaming immersion, syncing with popular games, Razer hardware, Philips Hue, and gear from 30+ partners; enables 16.8 million colors on individually backlit keys.
|Number of keys||3|
|Dimensions||9.22 x 17.64 x 1.42 inches; 3.76 Pounds|
- Excellent build quality
- Bright lighting
- Easy to clean
- It makes slight noise on ping.
Best Mechanical Keyboard Under 50 – HUO JI E-Yooso Z-88
Best Budget 60 Mechanical Keyboard – CORN Anne Pro 2
Best Mechanical Keyboard Under 100 – Logitech MX
Best Budget Wireless Mechanical Keyboard – Logitech Craft
Check out here what deals to expect on upcoming holidays.
Best Budget Gaming Keyboard
2. SteelSeries Apex 5 Gaming Keyboard
- The best gaming keyboard under $100 (SteelSeries Apex 5) includes all of the features that gamers look for in a gaming keyboard.
- Mechanical keyboards with hybrid blue switches are included.
- Aluminum is used for the frame.
- Media controls (including a volume wheel), multiple-profile support, and dynamic RGB lighting are among the other cool features.
|Series||SteelSeries Apex 5 Hybrid Mechanical Gaming Keyboard – Per-Key RGB Illumina|
|Color||Hybrid Blue – Tactile & Clicky|
|Style||Hybrid Blue – Tactile & Clicky|
|Number of keys||104|
|Dimensions||5.51 x 17.52 x 1.59 inches|
- Hybrid mechanical gaming switches
- OLED smart display
- Dynamic RGB illumination
- Manufactured with an Aluminum Alloy frame
- Keys are loud
Best Gaming Keyboard Under $150 – ASUS ROG Falchion
Best Cheap 60 Gaming Keyboard – Ducky One 2 Mini
Best Cheap Wireless Gaming Keyboard – Apple Magic Keyboard
Best Gaming Keyboard 2023 – SteelSeries Apex Pro
Best Budget Wireless Keyboard
3. Corsair K63 Wireless Keyboard
- The unit can be used with a wireless receiver and has a response time of 1 millisecond.
- Bluetooth or USB are also options.
- Mechanical Cherry MX Red switches support the keys.
- The K63 Wireless’s sole serious flaw is that it lacks RGB lights.
- It instead has “Ice Blue” lighting that cannot be altered.
- Given the amount of value you get with this keyboard, this may not be an issue.
|Number of keys||87|
|Special feature||Lighting, Wireless|
|Dimensions||14.4 x 6.8 x 1.6 inches|
- 100% Cherry MX Red mechanical key switches
- Blue LED backlighting
- Compact and portable keyless design
- Up to 15 hours of rechargeable battery
- K63 Wireless doesn’t have RGB lighting.
Best Value Wireless Keyboard – Razer BlackWidow V3 Pro
Best Wireless Keyboard and Mouse Combo for Desktop – Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic Desktop
Best Wireless Keyboard for Laptop – Corsair K95 RGB Platinum Keyboard
Best Budget Wireless Keyboard for Mac – Apple Magic Keyboard with Numeric Keypad
Best Budget Bluetooth Keyboard
4. Logitech G915 Wireless Mechanical Keyboard
- Low-profile mechanical switches provide the same speed, precision, and performance as traditional mechanical switches, but they are half the height.
- The G915 is beautifully made from aircraft-grade aluminum alloy, resulting in an exceptionally thin but strong and sturdy construction.
- Dedicated media controls with a precision-built, edge-less volume wheel allows quick and easy playback, pausing, skipping, and muting of your media.
|Series||G915 Wireless Mechanical Gaming Keyboard (Tactile)|
|Special feature||Lighting, Wireless, Bluetooth|
|Dimensions||20 x 7.24 x 1.72 inches|
- 30 hours of game time on a single charge
- Five dedicated G-keys for custom macros and commands
- Connect to multiple devices
- RGB lighting to synchronize with any content
- The font size of printed letters and the number is small.
Best Bluetooth Keyboard Mouse – Logitech MX mouse + keyboard
Best Bluetooth Keyboard for Mac – Apple Wireless Magic Keyboard 2 + mouse 2
Best Bluetooth keyboard and mouse combo 2023 – Logitech MX Ergo Wireless Mouse + keyboard
Best Bluetooth Keyboard with Touchpad for iPad- Apple Magic Keyboard
Best Keyboard for Working from Home
5. SteelSeries Apex Pro Mechanical Keyboard
- The latency of this full-size mechanical board is extremely low.
- With a strong plastic chassis and an aluminum base plate, it feels well-made, and it comes with a magnetically attachable wrist rest.
- Using the SteelSeries Engine software, which is accessible on macOS, you may assign macros to any key.
- It features OmniPoint linear switches that let you customize the pre-travel distance and operating force required to input a keystroke according to your tastes or demands.
|Operating System||Windows and Mac OS X. USB port required|
|Dimensions||5.5 x 17.2 x 1.6 inches|
- OLED Smart Display
- Omnipoint adjustable switches
- RGB illumination
- Magnetic wrist rest for ergonomic feel
- Can’t use wirelessly
Best cheap Keyboard for Office work – Das 4Q Smart RGB Mechanical Keyboard
Best Cheap Mechanical Keyboard for Typing – Corsair K95 RGB Platinum
Best budget Keyboard for Programming – KINESIS GAMING Freestyle Edge RGB Split
Best Cheap Keyboard for Music Production – AKAI Professional MPK Mini MK3
Our suggestions above are what we believe are the best affordable keyboards available right now for the majority of users. Price, customer reviews, and availability are all factors we consider. If you want to choose your own keyboard, here is a collection of amazing keyboard deals.
Take caution not to become too engrossed in the details.
While no keyboard is perfect for every application, the majority of them are excellent enough to satisfy almost everyone, and the differences are frequently undetectable unless you look hard enough.
Read Also: Best Wireless Mice Reviews
Are budget gaming keyboards worth it?
Whether or not budget gaming keyboards are worth it depends on your individual needs and preferences. Here are some factors to consider when deciding whether to invest in a budget gaming keyboard:
Build Quality: Budget gaming keyboards may not be made with the same high-quality materials as more expensive models, which can affect their durability and longevity. However, some budget gaming keyboards are still built with sturdy materials and can withstand heavy use.
Key Switches: The key switches on a gaming keyboard can greatly impact the typing experience. Budget gaming keyboards may use cheaper switches that do not provide the same level of tactile feedback or responsiveness as higher-end models. However, some budget keyboards may use high-quality mechanical switches that provide a satisfying typing experience.
Features: Some budget gaming keyboards may lack certain features such as dedicated media keys, RGB lighting, or programmable macro keys. However, many budget keyboards still offer a variety of useful features that can enhance the gaming experience.
Price: The biggest advantage of budget gaming keyboards is their price. They are typically much cheaper than higher-end models, which can make them a more accessible option for gamers on a tight budget.
Is a mechanical keyboard worth it for gaming?
A mechanical keyboard can be worth it for gaming, depending on your preferences and needs. Here are some factors to consider when deciding whether to invest in a mechanical keyboard for gaming:
Key Switches: Mechanical keyboards use mechanical switches that provide a tactile response and are generally more responsive and durable than membrane keyboards. This can provide a better typing experience and faster response times in gaming, which can be especially important for competitive gaming.
Customization: Mechanical keyboards often offer a higher level of customization than membrane keyboards, including programmable macro keys, customizable RGB lighting, and the ability to change keycaps. This can allow gamers to personalize their keyboard to their specific needs and preferences.
Durability: Mechanical keyboards are generally more durable than membrane keyboards, and their switches can often withstand heavy use over a longer period of time. This can be important for gamers who use their keyboards for extended periods of time or who need a reliable keyboard for competitive gaming.
Price: Mechanical keyboards can be more expensive than membrane keyboards, so cost is a factor to consider. However, there are also budget mechanical keyboards available that provide many of the benefits of more expensive models.
How much should I spend on a gaming keyboard?
Ultimately, you can find a good gaming keyboard at a variety of price points. Budget options can be found for under $50, while higher-end models can cost upwards of $200. A mid-range option may cost between $75-$150 and provide a good balance of features and quality. It’s important to do your research and read reviews to find a keyboard that meets your needs and provides a satisfactory gaming experience while staying within your budget.
The following are some of the best wireless keyboard and mouse combos:
1. Dell KM636 keyboard and mouse combo
2. Logitech MK550 wireless keyboarder />< 3. Logitech MK345 wireless combo
4. Logitech MK850 performance keyboard and mouse
5. Logitech MK270 Wireless Keyboard and mouse
6. Microsoft Wireless Desktop 5050
7. Amazon Basics Wireless Keyboard and mouse
8. Havit Mechanical Keyboard and Mouse Combo